BUMS, TUMS and THIGHS
You asked for it - a whole class of resistance and toning work for abs, butt and legs using a variety of techniques to leave your muscles quivering!
Muscle conditioning class using barbells. A total body workout targeting all major muscle groups. Suitable for any fitness or strength level as weights used can be adjusted.
LIFE FIT LOW
Basic low impact class with an emphasis on lifestyle, fitness, fun and opportunities to socialise while you exercise. Options throughout the class will allow participants to work at their own pace. Ideal for easy exercisers or seniors.
Butt, LOW, Abs and Tone. A mixture of muscle conditioning and resistance work, targeting the butt, abs, arms and legs. A great fat burner and muscle toner in one session. This is a basic, low impact 'huff and puff' workout suitable for all fitness levels including beginners as all moves are uncomplicated.
BODY BLAST EXPRESS
Improve your all-over strength and cardio fitness. Alternating bursts of no frills cardio and muscle conditioning using machine and body weight exercises. Great for toning, stamina, sports conditioning and calorie burning. No fancy footwork 45 mins. Get results - fast!
ZUMBA FITNESS (TM)
Music is the key ingredient to Zumba classes. The easy-to-follow routines feature steady rhythms and resistance training combined to tone and sculpt the body while burning fat. The specific beats and tempo changes, transition the workout from one toning, strengthening or cardio move to another, thus targeting every major muscle group in your body.
STEP & SHAPE
Forty minutes of athletic stepping followed by a fifteen minute intensive abdominal workout to finish. Get your heart rate up and burn calories using basic sequences which require little coordination. Great for defining leg and butt muscles and to really get your 'core' muscles firing.
A mixture of basic step moves & sequences as well as more complex combinations towards the end of the class meaning there is something for everyone. After two-three classes, you will have the basic moves mastered, however, the constant introduction of new steps will keep the class challenging and interesting!
A combination of athletic stepping and resistance training. The strength component includes barbells, dumb-bells, fit strips and body weight exercises providing plenty of variety for a full body workout. STUMP is the ideal class for combining resistance and cardio in one, requiring little coordination for the stepping component.
If you are new to stepping at the Rec Centre:
- Be prepared to take 3 or 4 sessions to become familiar with step patterns, the names of the moves and negotiating the step height
- To begin with, only have one block under each end of the step - as you learn the moves you can add another block to each end. You can also step with just the platform
- The number of blocks is determined by how tall you are rather that how fit you are. One block at each end is recommended
- Because you can vary the height of the step and instructors provide high and low intensity variations in class, it is easy to work at your own pace in all step classes
- 'Stump' and 'Step & Shape' have the most straight forward and easy-to-learn sequences. However, still be prepared to stick at it for 2 or 3 sessions to master the basics
- We use non-tap choreography so even if you have stepped before this style of stepping may be new to you
- Part of the enjoyment of stepping is the challenge of learning new moves and sequences so once the basics are mastered, variations will continue to provide challenge and fun
- 'Step Up' is an advanced class and recommended once you are a competent stepper
Copyright © U Leisure Limited 2013